[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- composition

Joaquin Peņa joaquinp@us.es
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 20:40:10 +0200

Hi all:

I agree someway with you Hong.

I think, an employee can not be a class. It is a role that object in the
class person can perform.

Can be a solution to put such kind of relations between roles? That it
is to say, our idea is:

********  play  -----------         interact    ----------  play
*************
CLASS  *------->* ROLE    * ------------------- * ROLE   *<------  CLASS
Person *        * employee*                     * Manager*
Department

Thus, the implementation of Role is a set of method-calls of the
class person (note if you are a person who works for a company and
you lose your job, you still knows how to work, thus, method for
work must be maintain in class person). Then, if you destroy the
department, you can delete such roles.

Thus, we decouple behaviour from functionality. We need a relation
interact, and a relation play (can be also uses).

Does it makes sense?