[Modeling] Extending through ArgoUML.

Marc-Philippe Huget M.P.Huget@csc.liv.ac.uk
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 09:09:41 +0100

Hello all,

wilunyan_2001 wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> My team are working on ArgoUML now. It is an open source
> project, which has already given support to UML 1.4 (part
> but useable).
>
> The point is that researchers can extend it to support
> extension that proposed by them. Anyone interested it
> may contact me. And if necessary, I can give detailed
> cook book for extending ArgoUML.

The question of tools to support Agent UML is an old question that I
investigated last year, several candidates: Rational Rose, Poseidon,
Argo UML, Dia, OpenTool and Visio and no immediate solution was found.
Two ways are now considered: either make profit of Rational Rose (even
if this is an expensive tool) and use all the features provided by this
tool: analysis, code generation, etc or just use a tool to draw
diagrams, that is what I do for the moment for the specification and Dia
to this purpose. I saw Argo UML does not support UML 2, that is not a
surprise since UML 2 is really recent. As soon as we need to address the
tool question, I will contact you to see if something can be done around
ArgoUML.

Best regards,
Marc-Philippe

--
Marc-Philippe Huget

Agent Applications, Research and Technology Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Liverpool
Chadwick Building, Peach Street
L69 7ZF Liverpool