[Modeling] Class Diagram Specification

sehl mellouli sehl.mellouli@ift.ulaval.ca
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:44:43 -0400

Hello all,
We need to define an Agent Diagram (I will not use the term class
diagram since agent is not a class!!). My view concernig this diagram is
as follows:

We need to design a Multi-Agent System to do some tasks. These tasks can
be grouped semantically together to form roles. We can see a role as a
set of tasks (and that's the case in general). these different roles are
related with each other.  we can define social relations, control
relations, etc. For example, a professor role has relations with program
director role that has also relations with department chief role.
Relations between roles are static, always, for a long period of time.

Agents are assigned roles. A person agent A is assigned two roles that
are professor and program director. another person agent B is assigned
department chief role. In that case the two agents relations can be
deduced from their roles relations. After three months, agent A is no
longer program director. Its roles have changed and so its relations
with agent B. But again, the new relations can be deduced from roles
relations.

What I want to say is: we can propose, in the first level proposed by
Marc-Philippe, a role diagram, that represents reltions between roles
such as social relations, control relations, collaboration relations
etc. In the agent diagram we propose first a mechanism to assign roles
to agents, and then deduce agent relations from those of their roles.
Doing so, I think we hold both static and dynamic multi-agent systems.

I'm writing a paper in this sense and I will make it available for the
mailing list when it will be submitted.

Best regards,