[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class

Stephen Cranefield scranefield@infoscience.otago.ac.nz
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:56:09 +1200

Giovanni Rimassa wrote:
> please find attached a short document (four pages) where Paola and I
> have described and motivated our proposal for modeling agent classes.

Giovanini,

I have only had time to look at your document very quickly, but my first
impression is that I like your approach.  However, I think the metamodel
or profile does somehow need to represent the idea that agents can receive
messages.  One way to do this would be to specify that agents have exactly
one operation: receiveMessage.  A more elegant (but more difficult) approach
would be to design the metamodel/profile to take into account agents' social
abilities, such as the ability to send and receive messages and the
maintenance of conversation and social agreement states.

- Stephen