[Modeling] Class Diagram Specification

Marc-Philippe Huget M.P.Huget@csc.liv.ac.uk
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:54:43 +0100

Hello Hossam,

Hossam Allam wrote:

> Dear Mr. Huget

Just Marc-Philippe, that would be fine as well

> I believe intelligent agent is an extension of agent and not just another
> agent type as learning will require us to take in consideration the
> different aspects of learning such as learning methodology used, frequency
> of learning, execution of new hypothesis, etc..Similar example is passive
> objects and active objects, both of these objects exist in UML with specific
> shape.

I understand that you make a distinction between agents and intelligent agents
based on learning skills but what I don't understand is why you think a
learning skill or a knowledge base is not yet another elements in the agents
like acquaintances, roles or protocols, could you explain me this point?

> In addition,  it is not clear to me if you are using UML to describe
> agent-based systems only or to have a description that can describe
> object-based and agent-based system.

object- and agent- based systems since agents are able to handle and manage
resources described as objects.

Cheers,
Marc-Philippe

--
Marc-Philippe Huget

Agent Applications, Research and Technology Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Liverpool
Chadwick Building, Peach Street
L69 7ZF Liverpool