[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class

Wagner, G.R. G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:25:49 +0200

> On what ground do you claim that In the UML everything in the world
> is an object'?

Simply because this is the classical OO philosophy (allowing for the
pragmatical distinction between object and value). But also, because
class diagrams are a successor of ER diagrams, and the term "object"
has replaced the term "entity".

> You should refer to precise sections of an official UML document
> to support your view.

Having a sufficient understanding of these general issues, I don't need
such a reference. But if you need one, I can look it up for you as soon
as I'm back in the office (in 10 days, only, since I'm currently on
holidays:-).

-Gerd