[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:21:08 -0400

Hi all,

On 6/12/03 9:54 AM, "Dr. Hong Zhu" indited:
> Should we state that
>
> AUML members = UML object + AUML agents + <other instance-level stuff> ?
>
> That is, the left hand-side should be AUML rather than UML.
>
> Am I right?

Yes, that makes better sense.

So  everybody, are we absolutely sure that Class cannot be used for Agents?
I know how that Giovanni and Paola think that objects are evil :-)  --
thanks to their interesting paper.  But, what about the rest of you?  Are
*any* the features of Class unusable for agents?   If so, which ones?  If
there are not anyt, then perhaps Class can be the supertype of AgentClass;
otherwise, we should use Classifier as the supertype?

Perhaps we should get a sense from those Modeling TC members that feel this
is important.  Gerd? Hong? Renato? Misty?  Marc-Philippe?  Bernard?
Radovan?  Anyone else?

Cheers,

Jim