[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

Wagner, G.R. G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:10:19 +0200

 > So  everybody, are we absolutely sure that Class cannot be used for
> Agents?

Something like Class can, and should, be used.

> Are *any* the features of Class unusable for agents?   If so, which ones?

I don't understand the problem: even if there is any such feature,
we simply don't use it (we exclude it by means of suitable constraints
which we can associate with AgentClass).

> otherwise, we should use Classifier as the supertype?

I don't understand this idea. Don't we need new metaclasses
AgentClass and ObjectClass, which replace Class and which
are, along with AssociationClass, subclasses of Classifier
(since any agent or object class is a classifier)?

Why don't we first attempt to define a new UML Profile (with suitable
stereotypes representing the metaclasses AgentClass and
ObjectClass). Wouldn't this be the natural first attempt?

-Gerd