[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:08:32 -0400

On 6/12/03 7:56 PM, "Hossam Allam" indited:

> I would go to the option of having Class as the supertype of Agent Class.
> The definition of  Class will need to be changed to "A Class is a
> description of a set of Objects and Agents that share ............". AUML
> will have passive class, active class, and agent class.

So, if I understand you correctly: you would

1) extend the feature of Class at they are now defined in UML to include
additional features.
2) create three new subclasses of the newly extended Class called: passive
class, active class, and agent class.

Is that correct?  That is an interesting proposition, as well.   What
features would each of these three new subclasses have that would
differentiate themselves from each other?
Thanks.

Cheers,

Jim