[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:38:26 -0400

Frits,

Your going to run into a bit of opposition with two of your stances:

1) Agents are not restricted to being a ³piece of software.²  This leaves
out a whole group of people who are developing agent-based systems with
embedded systems and just plain hardware.

2) Many of us are not developing agent-based systems with "an intelligent
something."   Ants are not intelligent, but have been very successful for a
very long time -- and there are many systems that are being built with a
swarm-based approach.  Also, after two decades, AI still hasn't been able to
define "intelligence."  So, autonomous, interactive entities are what many
of us are building for use in commercial systems today.  I have nothing
against "intelligence", but please don't exclude my agent systems so
swiftly.

-Jim

On 6/17/03 4:14 PM, "f.tolman" indited: