[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:16:43 -0400

On 6/16/03 6:34 AM, "Dr. Hong Zhu" indited:

> Having said these about OO, the question is: Do we have a choice of
> strategies to the design of AUML?
> For example,
> Choice 1: Come back to the simple and nice traditional model of
> object-orientation and then add on agents into the model. Of course, we are
> not going to throw out the baby (i.e. the traditional OO) with the
> bathwater.
> Choice 2: Add on top of existing UML 2.0, which have already extended
> tranditional OO model very much, with agent concepts.
>
> In my opinion, the choices between such strategies are vital to the outcome
> of the AUML and deserves a discussion in this mailing list.

Yes, we have a choice of strategies to the design of AUML?  However, I am
not sure I clearly understand the differences between Choice 1 and 2.   UML
2.0 is not a "simple and nice traditional model of object-orientation."  If
you wish to start with such a model, what would that look like? I know of no
standard model to use in this manner.  It would certainly not be extending
UML.  Maybe that is your point?  Perhaps you could give us a little more
detail on these choices.  I am a bit confused why these are "the choices."

Regards,

Jim