[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:12:49 -0400

Since that was "so long ago," I have nothing in machine-readable form.  One
of the prominent researchers that I easily recall is Brian Henderson-Sellers
<brian@it.uts.edu.au>.  He methodology actually proposed role diagrams.
Perhaps, if you will contact him.  He is now fairly active in the agent
field.
For the record, I was one of his detractors.  Even then, I was still
challenging people to formally define the difference between class and role
-- because I could see no difference.  For me now, there is a difference --
but it is small.  As I mention earlier, for me a role is a class (or
AgentClass, if you wish) whose instances interact.  Therefore, Employee is a
role because it is a class whose instances interact with instances of other
(or the same) role.

-Jim

On 6/20/03 9:27 AM, "Dr. Hong Zhu" indited: