[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- problem with operations:

Wagner, G.R. G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:42:12 +0200

> I am not understand how UML's way of defining semantics and
> syntax. Could
> you please tell me how to turn this feature off when the semantics are
> written in the definition of 'class'?

I think you can define a class stereotype "AgentType" where you
suppress the operations compartment with a suitable OCL invariant
attached to this stereotype.

> Second, restrict the caller to the object itself does not
> solve all the
> problems. Method called is the only means of communication
> between objects.
> If no call to other objects' methods, how to communication
> with each other?

Jim has pointed out other ways of communication between
active objects (by means of "signals", which are simply
message types).

-Gerd