[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- composition

Wagner, G.R. G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:57:43 +0200

> Thus, the description of an open agent systems, where
> agents continuously change their role to interact with others,
> cannot be modelled with a class-centered approach because we
> cannot relate them with static associations.
>
> So, if you use a class approach you the option could be: define a
> new association for dynamic interactions.

What do you mean by "static"/"dynamic" associations?
I don't think this is a term defined in UML.

Obviously, an association's instance set (of links)
can change at run-time (if it's not frozen by some
constraint). So, in this sense, any association is
dynamic.

-Gerd