[Modeling] Comments on interaction diagram modeling doc

Lin Padgham linpa@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:06:31 +1100

Hi Jim,

What seems to be missing here, which is what we use most, is to give
the agent type - not the instance name of an agent, but a type of
agent. So we might have a "shop assistant" agent type, with roles that
include "sales transaction", "customer welcoming", "product queries",
etc. These roles are deliberately quite small and specific (and relate
to particular goals and functionalities), whereas things like
"employee" are more like what we would have as agent types. I don't
think we have evenr found a need to use specific agent instance
identifiers, though sometimes we do indicate that there *are* multiple
instances and separate these out in some way in the diagrams.

Regards,

Lin