[Modeling] Re: Seq. diag. answer to Michael Winikoff

Radovan Cervenka rce@whitestein.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:25:25 +0100

> >page 12, second para: why are Seq, Strict, Critical region etc. not
applicable?

> After spending a few hours with the author of the chapter, I understand
why
> they are there.  IMO, some aspects of them are not well defined.  But, we
> can choose a) to fix them up, or b) ignore them.  Electrical engineers
seem
> to want them.

Dear all,

I suggest to support all kinds of CombinedFragment. At least AUML
specification can say nothing about them - i.e. they will be supported
implicitly. Why to make restrictions of UML in cases if it is not really
necessary? Maybe also some agent system can use e.g. critical regions in the
design model, or weak sequencing that can better describe asynchronous
environments...

At the other hand, I think that strict is defined very unclearly
(intuitively???). The definition uses a metaclass CombinedInteraction, that
is not mentioned at any metamodel diagram nor it is described textually.
Therefore OMG (or we?) should provide better description.

Regards,

Rado1.
--
Radovan Cervenka | rce@whitestein.com