[Modeling] Re: Seq. diag. answer to Michael Winikoff

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:52:19 -0500

Radovan makes some good points.  To supplement his comments, I would also
like to add that Sequence Diagrams are not just a UML standard, they are
also the result of the Z.120 standard from the ITU (See SERIES Z: LANGUAGES
AND GENERAL SOFTWARE ASPECTS FOR TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEMS; Formal
description techniques (FDT) ­ Message Sequence Chart)  So, if we start
deviating (i.e., changing) the "vanilla" sequence diagram, we will be
deviating from *two* existing standards.

Cheers,

Jim

P.S.  The ITU (International Telecommunication Union) is the United Nations
Specialized Agency in the field of telecommunications. The ITU
Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) is a permanent organ of the
ITU. The ITU-T is responsible for studying technical, operating and tariff
questions and issuing Recommendations on them with a view to standardizing
telecommunications on a worldwide basis.

On 3/26/03 3:29 AM, Radovan Cervenka scribed: