[Modeling] AUML Class diagram + Erfurt

Marc-Philippe Huget Marc-Philippe.Huget@imag.fr
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:25:33 +0200

Hello everybody,

It is a long time we did not discuss research and particularly new AUML
diagrams and specifications. Since now I am clearly installed in my new
position, it is time to think about agent diagram or whatever you want
to call it. That will be an iterative task. First things first, what do
we need to represent right now, I am thinking about:

1. Beliefs and knowledge base
2. Behaviors
3. Protocols

Hopefully for us, item 3 is already done. So, next items on the agenda
will be defining an empty shell for agents and defining beliefs (or how
they are linked to agents, by links I mean associations) and considering
behaviors.

As far as I am concerned, a belief is a class and a specific belief such
as (believe agent1 (a == 10)) is an instance of this class as an object.
So, now what is the content of the belief class:

Class Belief:
Attributes:
    Owner
    Content
Methods:
    SetOwner
    GetOwner
    SetContent
    GetContent
End class Belief

Anything else to add? I mean we need to be generic and then we can
derive if needed.

BTW I will be next week in Erfurt at NoDe, if some are interesting for a
brainstorming on this subject, I will be available on 23rd and 24th of
September

Cheers,
Marc-Philippe

--
Marc-Philippe HUGET, PhD           MAGMA-INPG/Leibniz
Laboratoire Leibniz