[Modeling] agents vs actors

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:18:02 -0400

Hi Frits,

If I understand your definition correctly you are saying:

An agent is a technological implementation of an actor.

And by "technology" do you mean using some human-fabricated mechanism?
So, that if I were able to create a human, say Frankenstein's monster, then
that human would be an agent?  And if the human were not created with a
technology (e.g., god or evolution), then it would not be an agent?

Please don't think that I am not trying be a troublemaker here.  I am just
trying to understand the fine line.

Also, why do you think that an agent can only have one role?  Most living
creature have multiple roles.  Why should agents?

Cheers,

Jim

On 9/22/03 11:44 AM, f.tolman scribed: