[Modeling] AIP and actions

Marian Nodine nodine@research.telcordia.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:00:13 -0500

We also took the state machine approach in InfoSleuth. There was one
state machine per participant in the conversation, and the structure of
the state machine was tailored to the role in the conversation.
Transitions not only are actions, but may also include other things such
as timeouts.

The only real issue that I have with this approach is that I think
agents need to move to a situation where conversations are more dynamic,
and not actually preselected from a set of protocols. Renato, I know
that the DIVA tool links these, I was wondering how it would deal with
something more flexible, e.g., composable conversation fragments?

-- Misty