[Modeling] AIP and actions -- CORRECTION

Renato Levy rlevy@i-a-i.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:29:11 -0400

At 10:12 AM 8/19/2004 -0400, Renato Levy wrote:<br>
Nodine wrote:<br>
approach in InfoSleuth. There was one state machine per participant in
the conversation, and the structure of the state machine was tailored to
the role in the conversation. Transitions not only are actions, but may
also include other things such as timeouts.<br><br>
The only real issue that I have with this approach is that I think agents
need to move to a situation where conversations are more dynamic, and not
actually preselected from a set of protocols. Renato, I know that the
DIVA tool links these, I was wondering how it would deal with something
more flexible, e.g., composable conversation fragments?<br><br>
-- Misty</blockquote><br>
We are in the process to implement an overview diagram that allows to
compose multiple protocols into into one. Runtime composability must
still be done by hand (Cybele supports it, DIVA does not), mostly because
In our tool (DIVA) we have linked AIPs with state diagrams, activity
diagrams are not used. Each state diagrams represent a
&quot;machine&quot; for one role. There is way more detail to it, if you
are interested.<br><br>
At 01:23 PM 8/16/2004 +0200, Marc-Philippe Huget wrote:<br><br>
I have several times the same question during AAMAS: we have AIP but what
about actions associated to the AIP? How to represent them? I proposed in
the first draft to decorate the AIP with actions but this is certainly
too simple. I think we need to consider this question and find an answer
to everybody who wants to design and **implement** AIPs.<br><br>
First idea: linking Interaction diagrams to Activity diagrams: each
action in Interaction diagrams is related to a &quot;real&quot;
implementation in activity diagrams. What's your opinion?<br><br>
Cheers,<br>
Marc-Philippe<br><br>
--<br>
*****************************************************<br>
Marc-Philippe HUGET,
PhD&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
MAGMA-INPG/Leibniz<br>
Laboratoire Leibniz<br>
46, Avenue Felix Viallet<br>
38031 GRENOBLE CEDEX FRANCE<br>
Email:Marc-Philippe.Huget@imag.fr<br>
Renato Levy<br>
Principal Scientist<br>
Intelligent Automation, Inc.<br>
phone: +1 (301) 294-5241<br>
fax:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; +1 (301) 294-5201<br>