[Modeling] about modeling environment in agent-based simulation

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:21:29 -0500

On 2/28/04 11:00 PM, Ye Chaoqun scribed:

> hello, all.
>   Can anybody tell me how to represente environment in agent-based simulation?
> I think there are three ways to do it.
> 1st, implicitly in agents.
> 2nd, as specific data structures in the models.
> 3rd, explicityly as agents.
> Who can give me some examples in which environment is represented in one of
> these ways?
>
> Thanks

As a paper to introduce you to the topic:
"Modeling Agents and their Environment," James Odell, H. Van Dyke Parunak,
Mitch Fleischer, and Sven Breuckner, Agent-Oriented Software Engineering
(AOSE) III, F. Giunchiglia, James Odell, Gerhard Weiss, eds., Lecture Notes
on Computer Science volume 2585, Springer, Berlin, 2002, pp 16-31.

http://www.jamesodell.com/aose02-10.pdf

I think Renato Levy might also have a paper.

-Jim