[Modeling] response to Marc-Philippe on UN case

Renato Levy rlevy@i-a-i.com
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 15:09:04 -0400

>well now, about the different proposals
>in UN-Solution-Levy1
>I have difficulty to understand the first figure and particularly that
>on the same diagram, we have conditions, agents and roles define as
>classes. I understand for agents but why conditions and roles.Finally,
>there is no notion of SC in the diagram.

The notion of SC is introduced on the third diagram (environment, added
afterwards). The conditions on describing the roles of an agent work to
determine which roles can be played concurrently by the agent. The specific
condition noted means if the chair is of the agent name then the agent can
implement (allows) the chair role. Originally James and I had created a
number of relationships such as permits, forbids, prevents, resets and so
forth.

>about the second figure, maybe I interpret wrong but on lifelines, we
>have agent name:role so, how to interpret current:SC-Chair? Moreover, we
>have current and <non current> why a difference about the notation?

In this notation one can fill place holder's to determine the actual agent.
The agent that represents the current chair is defined as part of the
environment and known by all agents in the system. The non-current chair is
actually an indication for all agents with name != chair name, again a
place holder.
Any notation inside angle brackets <> will mean a value that it is filled
at runtime.

Note: Please be sure that you have all four diagrams, since half of them
were uploaded later.

Renato Levy
Principal Scientist
Intelligent Automation, Inc.