[Modeling] AUML diagrams

Wagner, G.R. G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:35:24 +0200

> > An agent has its beliefs, desires and intentions (this is an agent
> > structure), if we consider BDI architecture.
>
> I tried to point out these agent specifica in my paper on
> class diagrams allowing the specifier to describe BDI agents.
> Using wff for the description of the state of an agent.

Bernhard,

using general wffs for specifying the state of an agent
seems, like the BDI agent concept, very academic and not
practical.

Obviously, the beliefs of an agent can be most naturally
specified by indicating the (agent and object) classes
which belong to the agent's state structure definition;
so the agent has beliefs about (other) agents and objects
of those types. In general, there will be a number of
(agent and object) classes which form the basis for
shared beliefs of several agents, but there will be
also other classes that define private beliefs (in
AORML they are called "internal object types").

-Gerd

Gerd Wagner
http://tmitwww.tm.tue.nl/staff/gwagner/
Dep. Information & Technology