[Modeling] Re: [Methodology] Terms for first release of the glossary

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Sun, 03 Aug 2003 22:15:33 -0400

Massimo,

> here is a proposal of a list of terms for the first release of the
> glossary.
> Let me know if you want to add/remove any term.
> The definitions in the list have been composed by me trying to
> conciliate the different proposals (if more than one were in the list).
> Obviously they are just a starting point and their discussion will be
> one of the objectives of the Banff meeting.

Could you tell me what the purpose of this glossary is for the Methodology
TC?  There are terms in it that I would *not* associate with process
engineering.  Moreover, there seem to be terms that should be defined at a
much more general level: e.g., autonomy, adaptivity, behavior, belief,
desire, intention, cooperation, conversation, etc.  I would argue that most
of these terms are not in the purview of the Methodology TC.  That is, they
are not terms that process engineers should be in charge of.  The current
Methodology TC work plan deals with method-base architecture, method
fragments, and descriptions of techniques for method integration-- not a
glossary of key agent terms.  Instead, they may be work that an Agent
Glossary TC might work on.

The approved workplan states " A glossary of agent development methodologies
related concepts (due October 2003)."      I'm sorry, but I do not see the
terms mentioned above in the glossary are related to agent development
methodologies.

Regards,

Jim Odell