[Modeling] Re: R: [Methodology] Terms for first release of the glossary

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:37:36 -0400

Dear Massimo,

Yes, it is a difficult decision.  If it were me, I would probably divide the
current glossary and create two glossaries immediately: one that is
appropriate for for a restricted discussion among methodologists and another
that affects the entire FIPA membership.  Then, with the more general
glossary, decide what the best way is to gain FIPA acceptance: perhaps by
separate TC or WG.  That way, you do not throw out work already done while
maintaining the specialized direction of the Methodology TC.
I say this because, IMO, defining terms such as autonomy, adaptivity,
behavior, belief, desire, intention, cooperation, conversation, etc.  affect
all of FIPA, not just methodology.

-Jim

On 8/6/03 7:45 AM, "Massimo Cossentino" indited: