[Modeling] Document structure

Marc-Philippe Huget M.P.Huget@csc.liv.ac.uk
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:42:12 +0000

Radovan Cervenka wrote:

> Dear Marc-Philippe,
>
> > Even if I am not die hard about formal methods, I think it might be a pity
> if
> > we don't need some formal description of AUML. Some ideas I had are using
> > operational semantics or object Z but CCS and CSP are good either.
>
> Ok I'm not experienced in formal methods (even if I used some algebraic
> specifications during my university study and also Object Z for
> specification of an abstract hypermedia system...). Can you please give me
> some examples on using Object Z (or CCS or CSP) to define for instance UML's
> use case, class or state modeling elements? I have no clue how to apply
> operational semantics in such cases.

I found some papers on these subjects, I just have to dig my bib to find them
once again and the file of course, maybe by the end of the day or tomorrow.

Cheers,
Marc-Philippe

--
Marc-Philippe Huget

Agent Applications, Research and Technology Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Liverpool
Chadwick Building, Peach Street
L69 7ZF Liverpool