[Modeling] Class Diagram Specification

Wagner, G.R. G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:53:58 +0200

> We need to define an Agent Diagram (I will not use the term class
> diagram since agent is not a class!!).

We may call this "AUML Agent Diagram", but it will have to be
a form (extension of UML) class diagrams. Of course, an agent
is not a class (since it's an individual, while a UML class
represents a universal), but an agent type is something like
a UML class, and we should either use a UML class stereotype
in a UML Profile or a metaclass in a MOF metamodel for
modeling the features (attributes, operations, associations)
of agent types compatibly with those of object types.

> These tasks can be grouped semantically together to form roles.

How to model roles is an additional (difficult) issue.

-Gerd