[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:44:04 -0400

On 6/13/03 2:19 AM, "Mellouli Sehl" indited:

> I don't agree that an agent is an instance of a role since an agent can play
> many roles, and in that case it will be an instance of many roles and so that
> many classes, and this makes no sense I think. isn't it?. But we can see an
> agent as composed of roles; and so that an aggregation of roles. does this
> make sense? :)

Multiple classification is an accepted concept for both UML(1.x and 2.0) and
humans.  In other words, an agent can be an instance of multiple classes on
both fronts.  So, why do you think this is a problem?  Perhaps you could be
a bit more helpful than asserting that this "makes no sense"?

-Jim