[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

f.tolman f.tolman@chello.nl
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:10:40 +0200

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome. And "yes" we are looking for a modelling language
that helps us to communicate about the designs of our agents.

As to the idea to use the concept of roles as behaviours I wonder why roles
do not fit with the method concept in UML class diagrams. Is it because you
want to explicitly detail each role in a separate class diagram?

An other question is why you do not introduce a two or three level
hierarchy. Meta-meta, meta, ...and apply the same UML notation on each
level? In one model role#1 would appear as a method, and in another model
(an extension of the first model) role#1 would be a class.

Thanks again

Frits