[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

Joaquin Peņa joaquinp@us.es
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:56:38 +0200

Hello:

I think that the main problem is that object orientation does not
fit well with system where behaviour is crucial.

This issue can be easily solved using Role Modelling:

A employee is not a class, it is a role that an object of the
class person can perform. Thus, if a department is destroyed, all
its employees lose this role becoming only persons (performing the
other roles they have, i.e. father, engineer, ...).

There are a lot of papers on how to implement roles in the OO
paradigm, but we think most appropriate approach is such that use
Aspect-Oriented Programming where functionality and behaviour are
orthogonal in the implementation.

Joaquin.