[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- register your opinion

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:46:10 -0400

On 6/19/03 5:19 PM, "sehl mellouli" indited:

> I see a role as a set of tasks grouped according to a certain semantic.
> Semantic means that the different tasks forming a role fits together. So
> I think roles are at a higher abstract level than classes. Can they be
> represented by classes in the development? I think in that case, we need
> to  find a definition of a task, and relate it with the definition of a
> function. Sorry, but I have no formal definition of a task.

If I may play Devil's advocate: Isn't a class "a set of tasks grouped
according to a certain semantic"?   And if I may play Jim: What is a
"certain semantic"?  The definition looks a bit circular to me: a role is
based on a certain semantic, where the semantic is what forms a role.

-Jim