[Modeling] Modeling tools

Marc-Philippe Huget M.P.Huget@csc.liv.ac.uk
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:48:56 +0100

Hi Jim and all,

James Odell wrote:

> So, the question for this TC is: how can we get Agent UML modeling tools?
> Let's start making a list, and I will post it on the website.  IMO, this is
> very important.

That's a work I did previously when we began to think about tools, here is a
list of tools I considered at that moment:

1. Visio, Microsoft, not open source, $$, Agent UML extension (AUML 1)
2. Dia, Dia, open source, free, Agent UML extension (AUML 1)
3. OpenTool, TNI Valiosys, $$, Agent UML extension (AUML 1)
4. Poseidon, Gentleware, $$, possible Agent UML extension
5. IBM Rational Rose, IBM, $$$$$$, Agent UML extension if I remember
6. MetaEdit, Metacase, $$, Agent UML extension?
7. XFig, open source, free, possible Agent UML extension
8. ArgoUML, open source, free, possible Agent UML extension

Hope I forgot nobody

Cheers,
Marc-Philippe

--
Marc-Philippe Huget

Agent Applications, Research and Technology Group
Department of Computer Science
University of Liverpool
Chadwick Building, Peach Street
L69 7ZF Liverpool