[Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- change of classes

Dr. Hong Zhu hzhu@brookes.ac.uk
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:00:11 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wagner, G.R." <G.R.Wagner@tm.tue.nl>
To: "Dr. Hong Zhu" <hzhu@brookes.ac.uk>; "ModelingTC" <modeling@fipa.org>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 9:44 AM
Subject: RE: [Modeling] Modeling an Agent Class- change of classes

> > Of course, as a person, I only have one instance. This instance has a
> > part-whole relation with Enron and one part-whole relation with Oxford
> > Brookes. What is wrong with that?
>
> This is not compatible with what you have previously committed to.
> You had agreed to the model:
>
>    Person isSuperClassOf Employee isPartOf Company
>
> You said that an Employee instance would be part of a company,
> now you say that the part-whole relationship holds between Person
> and Company. So, where do you now have your part-whole relationship:
> between Person and Company or between Employee and Company?
>
> -Gerd

Woops, I should have added that the person must be a member of the Employee
caste when it helds a part-whole relation with an instance of the Company
caste, say Enron. A person can be an instance of both caste Person and
Employee. Moreover, the membership may change at run-time. The part-whole
relationsip is betweem Company and Employee, while Employee is a subcaste of
Persons.

Hong