[Modeling] Interaction Diagram specs - first draft

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:42:42 -0500

Hi all,

The first draft of the Interaction Diagram specification is now available at
http://auml.org/auml/documents/
Formally, this was referred to as the Sequence Diagram specification.
However, UML 2.0 now uses the term ³Interaction Diagram² to refer to a
family of diagrams ‹ the main one of which is the Sequence Diagram.  The
remaining ones are called the Interaction Overview Diagram, Communication
Diagram, and the Timing Diagram.  95% of the Interaction Diagram work is on
Sequence Diagrams, while the Interaction Overview Diagram is vital to
Sequence-Diagram usage.  Therefore, I propose that we change the name of the
spec.  (The remaining communication diagram, and the timing diagram portions
we can choose to omit or not; they are very short.)  Please let me know
whether or not you agree with this change.  If I do not hear from you by 8
March, I will assume that either you agree or do not care.  Although, I
would like to hear explicitly, if possible.

For those on the Interaction Diagram team, please forward your comments so
that we can get the unification process underway.  This can be done by using
the change tracking feature or MS Word.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim Odell