[Modeling] Agent-oriented: why is it necessary?

yan qi wilunyan_2001@yahoo.com.cn
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:54:36 +0800 (CST)

Dear all,

After reading lots of papers on agent technology, I
have to ask myself this question: is agent-oriented
a necessary technology, or as AgentLink says, an
enabling technology for next generation software?

To answer this question, both academic and practical
reasons should be put forward. Yes, we can say agent
is autonomous and proactive. But can we show a
working example that is can not be well developed
by existing software development methodologies?

I believe this question is hard to answer in a simple
way. Do you think so?

I like to listen whatever you say.

Best regards,
qi