[Modeling] comments on AUML diagrams

sehl mellouli sehl.mellouli@ift.ulaval.ca
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:11:08 -0400

Dear All,
I think that at the same time that we define AUML diagrams, we need to
think about the implementation issue (how to define a higher layer
language to develop MAS easily). This language has to be defined based
on MAS concepts: BDI, roles, agent, social relationships, cooperation,
communication, etc...

For example, objects in OO implementation, cooperate by procedure or
function call. But cooperation concept in MAS is more than a procedure
or a function call. In agent cooperation, many elements intervene such
as the agents beliefs or plans. So, it is important to porpose, for a
designer, a way to implement cooperation (this must be proposed by AUML).

IMO, agent aspects have to be considered in designing and implementing MAS.

Best Regards,