[Modeling] The homogeneousness between human and agent( society and MAS).

James Odell email@jamesodell.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:59:32 -0500

Dear Yanqi (as well as Radovan Cervenka, Misty Nodine, Massimo Cossentino,
and Hong Zhu),

> Does anyone think about the underlying homogeneousness between human
> being (society) and software agent (MAS, Multi-Agent System)?
>
> I believe we can learn much from sociology.(Just as "object" is an old
> concept that has been studied many years in philosophy.) Human can be
> looked as the most autonomous entity in the world. And we all know
> that one of the most important properties of agent is autonomy.
>
> While MABS(Multi-Agent Based Simulation) is focusing on appling software
> agent to social simulation, why not consider appling social agent to
> MAS?
>
> As a modelling language, AUML may contribute to such a problem.
>
> It will be a good fortune for me to discuss with you.

This is primarily the goal for the "Social Aspect" modeling area.  See
http://www.auml.org/auml/projects/
Having said that, there is little or no work on this  "Social Aspect"
document.  I ask that you and others on the team start suggesting topics
(and even outlines) of what should go into this document.

Cheers,

Jim